Friday, March 5, 2010

Erotic Terrorism

My favourite past time is hanging out at locally owned record shops and digging. Its where I find some amazing gems like this record by Fun-Da-Mental titled "Erotic Terrorism". Even though it was released in the pre-9/11 world of 1998, I found the record in 2005 and the title and Bollywood imagery were all so wrong, that I had buy it. As soon as I pressed play, everything was so familiar yet so new with samples of Qawwali to Moroccan drums to some hard-core industrial noise.

There is also a huge presence of resistance in the work of Fun-Da-Mental, especially since founder Aki Qureshi's mother was one of the leading activists for Benazir Bhutto's Pakistan Peoples Party.

Recently while digging though the archive of my radio station I found a track from the 'Erotic Terrorism' album remixed by Transglobal Underground called the 'Karachi Deathcult Mix' and just had to post this.

STREAM






Ja Shaa Taan (Transglobal Underground Karachi Deathcult Mix)

PURCHASE
or

0 comments:

Post a Comment